Your source for marina industry tips on marina operations, facilities, other services, and marketing.

Foreign Charter License

So, do you believe that you hold a charter license?

Please be advised that you cannot legally operate as a charter vessel in The Bahamas without a hard copy from the Port Authority.

  • In addition to payment documentation, all required documents must be physically submitted.
  • An officer from the Port Authority is required to carry out an inspection.
  • A Bahamas Master License must be obtained by the Master.


Conducting charters in Bahamian waters without a Foreign Charter License carries consequences!

A Foreign Charter License is required for all charter vessels entering Bahamian waters! Day charters from Florida to Bimini or The Berry Islands are included in this!

So…need help getting yours? Call us today!

**Infomation provided by BYBA Association.**

We would like to hear from you!